Tuesday, July 15, 2008

woo wii!

so as i stated in my last post, i got the wii.  all i can say is fun...loads.  still looking for the wii fit. i feel like such a dork every day calling my list of game stops asking for it.  i sometimes disguise my voice just in case they recognize it from the day before.  i kind of thought that if i looked in the hood, i might have more success, but it's more of the same there...we're sold out.  although i did buy a controller at the one in the hood and they had like 5 wii's.  if anyone's looking, let me know...i'll give them the dL.

as for my skills...i've got some.  at first i wasn't the best, but with some practice i've got some moves down.  at least for tennis and bowling.  i don't play ALL the time, but enough on the first night that my arm, shoulder, and back were completely sore the next day.  all i have to say is you don't want me to punch you with my right arm.  if it was my left arm, you'd be fine. anyway, i picked up some tricks in tennis.  enough to where i was consistently beating a certain male friend of mine.  i could tell he didn't enjoy being beaten by a girl one bit.  i'm not very competitive...i mean i like to win, but i'm used to losing.  well, one night after we played one last game about 7 times, he started catching on to the trick.  we decided it's a glitch in the game where it is impossible to hit the ball when the opposite person hits it in a certain place.  and it's not very hard to hit it in that certain place.  that's how i had been beating him the whole time. he caught on, and started beating me.  this was fine with me, but i was kind of liking that feeling of being better than a guy at a sport.  even if it is a video game sport.  i began to feel like i may never win again.

i practiced yesterday, and last night we played again, and guess what?  i don't suck.  neither does he.  we kind of go back and forth with winning now.  as it should be.  

No comments: